Plaster City Still Red Hot!

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
After having lunch with both Brian & Kyle yesterday (they were working on the Wister trailer here in North County), they invited me to the spot that just keeps producing (thanks Aeon).....Boy, am I glad they did.....The action was fast and furious.....It must be the 5 spinners that's drawing in euros, mourning, and white-wing from miles away....Well, I guess it could be the mesquite beans too....lol

ps......It was great seeing Nick & Tori....They were real troopers in that hot desert habitat.....wink.gif

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    354.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    522.2 KB · Views: 97
Re: Plaster City Still Redhot!

My phone must be broken, I never got a call :/

Steve, great haul..

Ohhh man you guys are giving away the honey holes that I have hunted since I was 8 yrs old. :) please don't show the water hole that is near by and holds monster bucks and I hope you turned off the GPS location info on your pics??

Steve, worth every bit of money we spent on the entry fees. It is nice to have such good Euro hunting so close to home. Thanks for the tip Bill!

Bill (Aeon),

We suck......After turning us on to such a great spot, you should've been the 1st call.....Hopefully, I can return the favor some day......You just don't get this kind of shooting every day......kiss.gif

Best thing since sliced bread! Had an awsome time with you guys. Weather was hot! shooting was on fire!...great day all around! ! :) should probably remove the pic with the sign...so it stays that way.

Sigalert2012 said:
Best thing since sliced bread! Had an awsome time with you guys. Weather was hot! shooting was on fire!...great day all around! ! :) should probably remove the pic with the sign...so it stays that way.

Kyle,

You're probably right, but finding those power lines in the middle of the desert are really remote......lol

That poor ranger.....his head will be spinning soon

My day was ok......

Attachments

• 20160717_191630.jpg
    20160717_191630.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
killer haul, that is really cool. FYI was keeping a lookout while rabbit hunting last weekend @ Ortega and didn't see any Euros in the 2 hours we were hunting around rabbits. not to say they aren't there of course, but I didn't notice any that stood immediately out.

killer haul, that is really cool. FYI was keeping a lookout while rabbit hunting last weekend @ Ortega and didn't see any Euros in the 2 hours we were hunting around rabbits. not to say they aren't there of course, but I didn't notice any that stood immediately out.

The euros in Ortega and Plaster City are a running joke... sort of an April Fool's in summer kinda thing. But there are some euros that hang around CNF, I shot one on rabbit opening weekend. Don't confuse them with white wings or bandtails though, I've seen guys do that.

Now that the cat's out of the bag about Ortega Hwy & Plaster City......There are animals in or near both places.....I had one of my early mentors that would get a deer every year around Upper San Juan Campground on Ortega Hwy.....He actually showed me the spot, but I was sworn to secrecy.....He has since passed, but I'm sure those bucks are still there.....I shot my banded band-tailed pigeon there as well.....And Plaster City actually does have a few euros, but it's obviously illegal to shoot around the building.....Not far away, can be a great area, if the farming is right......This pic was really taken within 3 miles of PC....:yum

ps.....Notice the snake boots......;)

.Picture 010.jpg

hm. I need to E-scout more. I did see something briefly that looked a helluva lot like water on the map

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu