Plaster City with the kiddos

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
Headed down to the valley this past Saturday with my kiddos in tow to see what birds were left. Saturday afternoon down south was initially slow, but by the time I got some fliers, the munchkins were hot and done. Bagged 5 and a pigeon. Next morning we headed to my usual opener spot and, despite a flurry at daybreak, it was slow again. Spent more time trying to get my daughter on rabbits with her .22 than really gunning for doves, but it was fun since she's really fired up right now on bunny hunting. Picked off some singles and ended with 8 birds around 8am. Went back to the hotel for a quick swim then out to breakfast and back home to bask in the AC. Kids look miserable in the pics but had a blast lol.

20220903_182727.jpg
20220904_085512.jpg
20220903_143327.jpg

Attachments

• 20220903_182727.jpg
    20220903_182727.jpg
    586.4 KB · Views: 10
Nice getting the kids out. Father of the year award to you. How did those Rio's workout? Were you using them in a semi auto?

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
Glad you were able to get out Jason. Something about getting there in the afternoon when it’s already 110 makes it rough. Kudos for braving the afternoon heat. Any rabbits?

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
Glad you were able to get out Jason. Something about getting there in the afternoon when it’s already 110 makes it rough. Kudos for braving the afternoon heat. Any rabbits?
We saw a couple bunnies but the one she got a shot on was far and she missed barely.. got it in the ears I think since it was bleeding. Stoked her fire even more haha. Going for head shots already!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu