PRAYERS FOR BLUE!!!!

Truth...the nerve pain meds keep him abit foggy along with the infection...been a tuff week for the old boy..baby steppin his way back to health..

Here at the vet waiting for Ultrasound to be done for Scout our 2 year old yellow lab.
We were here yesterday afternoon after she threw up 3 times, once Wednesday night and two times yesterday morning.
Last vomit had blood.
X-Ray shows some kind of blockage . Her and the other pup are eating crap all the time. Sticks, rocks, bushes etc…
She hasn’t thrown up anything since the last time; but there was obviously something there.
Into this 900+ right now; another 600 for ultrasound. Gotta love em !!!
Hopefully just something that will pass !!

16ers..I give you ..Mr. $8164.23...arizen from the jaws of death...took his first solid shit today...Has a incision site infection going on now .vet said not to uncommon...has some drainage.. ooozy liquid coming out...but here he is. .My Boy Blue!! Wonder if he,ll still eat rocks? If I was him..I wouldn't..I promise it will be his last!! Damn dog!! Uggh!!

View attachment 61251
Oh lord..the cone of shame! Hope he heals up quick!

Reactions: HATCHET1
Here at the vet waiting for Ultrasound to be done for Scout our 2 year old yellow lab.
We were here yesterday afternoon after she threw up 3 times, once Wednesday night and two times yesterday morning.
Last vomit had blood.
X-Ray shows some kind of blockage . Her and the other pup are eating crap all the time. Sticks, rocks, bushes etc…
She hasn’t thrown up anything since the last time; but there was obviously something there.
Into this 900+ right now; another 600 for ultrasound. Gotta love em !!!
Hopefully just something that will pass !!
That sucks .Blue is getting is 67 staples removed today...Mr. 8164.23...

Reactions: NBK
Back home and all is good ! Whatever it was; most of it had moved on since yesterday’s x-rays. Ultrasound girl said it appeared to be a conglomeration of stuff !
But nothing requiring surgery!
1700 bucks later ! Shit head !!
Wife was giving me a hard time about it and that she has used up her “credit line ! “
I had to remind her of the free Cocker Spaniel her sister gave her. Most expensive free dog in history !
At 2 years old $ 3k + for a knee surgery. A year later the other knee, then a whole host of other issues. She lived a long full life, but by the time it was time to put her down we were $ 10k + into the free dog !
Before today the most I ever spent on a Lab was 1200 for an infected uterus and that was 3 labs ago !

Great news! The pet insurance is the way to go...41.99 a month..I learmed the hard way...although most days I wanna give blue the 22 cent aspirin with a surpressor...

• Haha
Reactions: HortoTheSlayer

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu