Pre fished BBL today

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
Random and I pre fished Big bear lake today. We will be flinging arrows in next weeks tournament.
We didn't think we did very well but compared to the other teams we talked to we did great. 17 for the day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
Great job guys!

I see a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses in your future (if you don't already own a pair).

to me thats just nuts. I have never gotten many fish by any method let alone a bow my hats off to any one that can shoot even 1 fish with a bow, or just catch that many fish off a rod in one day. Nice job!!!!!

Was the water stained? I was up last week and didn't manage a shot, water was muddy from low level and wind that started about 9 am. I caught one trout though. I use Kaenons for the shades.

Sent from my Torque

If I want to learn how to bow fish, would the big bear tourney be a good place to start?

The water is about 9' down. With all the wind they have had up there the water is very dirty along with parts of the lake has an algae bloom going on. The forecast shows wind all week so not expecting it to get any better.

We're not going to make it up for the tournament but should be up there in the next few weeks. I just bought a Martin and the AMS kit. Can't wait to try it out. Have fun at the tournament. Give em hell

It was the worst conditions I've ever seen at Big Bear. Hopefully it clears up some for the tournament. If not there are going to be a lot of low numbers this year.

Lungpopper said:
Random and I pre fished Big bear lake today. We will be flinging arrows in next weeks tournament.
We didn't think we did very well but compared to the other teams we talked to we did great. 17 for the day.

No wonder Random didn't return my phone call, good luck, oh ya we now have steps going to the tree stand for the shot on the Antelope, but no safety rails

27 fish today. Tournament starts tomorrow. Never know fish will be there one day the next day there not. Anybody else fishing the tournament?

Attachments

• IMG_2147.JPG
    IMG_2147.JPG
    283.2 KB · Views: 47
Lungpopper said:
27 fish today. Tournament starts tomorrow. Never know fish will be there one day the next day there not. Anybody else fishing the tournament?
I might be wrong but they probably will not be there the next day if you shoot them all the day before. I would think prefishing for a bowfishing tournament would be just scouting the fish but leaving them for tournament day. ???

Invisible man said:
Lungpopper said:
I might be wrong but they probably will not be there the next day if you shoot them all the day before. I would think prefishing for a bowfishing tournament would be just scouting the fish but leaving them for tournament day. ???
Haha! picky, picky.

Sent via Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu