Pre Rut - The Rut??

G

Goyaałé

When do bucks start chasing does around here? Anyone use grunt tubes, or rattle racks at them? Anyone grunt or anyting to make them stop for a shot? Also whats your opion on the moon at this time (rut)? Just curious on thoughts. I've done a lot of reading, but it seems like San Diego is a bit different than most places.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Its in full rut on the coast, they are chasen in Santee, and nothing in Julian. Moon doesn't matter during the rut. A doe in heat will be harassed 24 hours a day and will not be allowed to stop and rest too long in one spot. So a buck will keep her moving til she drags him by my stand. At that time I will grunt or whistle and then I will kill him where she stops him. Or I will spaz out and miss.:broken_heart:

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu