Public Land Turkey down in San Diego County!

QuePasaJames

Nov 8, 2016
My wife Britney shot this beautiful turkey on public land in San Diego County, April 5, 2017. We had been stalking this bird for about 8 days straight, until he made his last mistake! We had tried every possible decoy setup days prior to, so we decided to ditch them completely (decoys may have spooked him). A combination of subtle cuts and clucks brought this bird in close enough for a kill shot. She nailed him at a lengthy 40 yards and he dropped like a sack of flour! So proud of my wife!

Weight: 20 lbs
Double Beard, Length: 10"
Left Spur: 15/16"
Right Spur: 15/16"
Fan Width: 31"

Attachments

• DSC_3201_02.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 138
  • DSC_3229_01.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 124
  • DSC_3263_01.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 111
Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats way to stay after him. I just got a phone call about a double getting shot yesterday. I am sure this is the same bird I wont post the general area but super random you posted this up on here. Quite a few birds getting shot up there this year awesome to see the flocks recovering. Congrats!

Congrats. Wish I had time to get down to SD and find a turkey.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu