Rabbit/Dove/Quail hunting partner

Discussion in 'Hunting Partner - Finder/Hook up' started by PB870, Aug 8, 2017.

1. PB870

PB870 New Member

Hi. This will be my 3rd hunting season and have been solo everytime i have been out with little success. I live in the Victorville area and it would be nice to find like minded person/persons to learn from and maybe get out and have some successful hunts with. I have a .22lr and a 12 gauge and interested in rabbit, dove, quail, and chuker hunts.

2. Shot Slinger

Shot Slinger Member

Hi PB870 I started years ago the same way you did by going solo and still have to do a lot of solo hunts. I did not realize you were up in the Victorville area when I sent you the info on the Imperial Valley. One good tool is using Google Earth/Maps to look at areas to scout and paper maps to look at private land vs public land. If you decide to head down south to San Diego/Imperial Valley let me know and I can try to meet you or send you some more information.

I thought PB was Pacific Beach??? My bad.

3. PB870

PB870 New Member

Thanks shot slinger for the info again. If i ever make it down that way ill definitely take you up on your offer. I have been using google earth quite a bit to try and find new areas.

4. WaterDawg

WaterDawg Active Member

I've shot dove, quail and rabbits at Camp Cady northeast of Barstow. Some years are better than others. This might be a good one. If I find myself up that way I'll reach out and maybe we can hunt it together.

5. PB870

PB870 New Member

Sounds good WaterDawg. I have been hunting Camp Cady the last 3 years and it was productive. This year its being limited to drawing winners with junior hunters. I cant apply because i have no junior hunter. So im trying scout new areas

6. WaterDawg

WaterDawg Active Member

Isn't the draw for opening day only?

7. PB870

PB870 New Member

Not sure. I thought it was for the whole 2 weeks. Im definitely going to have to get correct info with that

8. just_ducky_1

just_ducky_1 Active Member

No dog? I may hit you up when I'm in the AV area.

9. boutdoors

boutdoors New Member

Jr. hunt at Camp Cady was only on Sat the 2nd till noon, and that was only the field on Harvard Rd. the ponds were still open