Rabbit/Turkey Burger & Poppers

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
8c6995f4e21b475185d89f1f243b3002.jpg

Here's my obligatory dove popper post... also needed to clean out a few freezer items so I threw some wild turkey legs and 10 cottontails into the grinder with bacon ends, green chiles and herbs, to make some burgers. The poppers were a mix of white wings from opener plus some preseason euros. I meant to try Sprig's method with the water chestnuts but I forgot.. maybe next batch. I grill em on an old Weber over hardwood coals, cover em and let em smoke for awhile.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu