Reporting for duty

Wslevi

My name is Sam I'm originally from the great state of FL been living in socal, more specifically the san fernando valley, for almost a decade now and recently I decided if I wanted to eat like God intended I should probably start learning the art of hunting although from all the reading I've done it seems like most hunters especially newbs starve ;) but I'm stubborn and I got my hunting license, pig tag and upland game stamp anyway. I have gone on hunts before with my uncle when I was younger but I never really shot at any game, mostly I just followed him around the woods. I do spend a fair amount of time in the great outdoors hiking or camping and I've been fishing all my life, that's what you do when your from FL, and I do shoot my shotgun often and pretty well if I do say so my self especially for a rookie. I usually hit about 80% trap shooting. I'm hoping someone on this site can point me in the right direction or maybe I'll meet some cool people to hunt with who knows. This seems like a great site and I've already received a lot of great info from reading the posts. I've been doing some general scouting in the Lockwood valley area because its close to me and I thought maybe a pig or two had wandered off of Tejon. :) I was thinking about going to CNF in April maybe I could combine scout for pigs and turkey in the same trip. Lord knows gas ain't cheap. I'm mainly interested in pigs and upland game/waterfowl. Happy hunting!

Glad to have you aboard Sam!

Back