Riverside Planning Commission Hearing for San Jacinto W A Future – 1 More Chance, Oct. 4th

My plate is full at the moment but a couple of suggestions that might help, contact CWA, NAVHDA (three chapters here in so cal) and the San Diego county wildlife federation and ask them to send reps and members to bolster the numbers as well as a DU rep and members and everyone who attends needs to get up and speak. The SD wildlife federation was instrumental in helping me with the confrontation we had with the humane society in 2012 when they tried to shut down rattlesnake aversion. Also get a web guy to e-mail a boiler plate petition letter to all the folks who oppose this that they can sign and and forward to the folks deciding this issue so that they are bombarded with negative e-mail responses. During my fight in 2012 the SD board of supervisors asked for mercy regarding the e-mails that they were being inundated with, I told them it would stop when we got our way and we prevailed. The power to sway the decision is in the number of responses the governing committee receives.

Reactions: Lungpopper
CWA did send a rep down from Sacramento to speak.....Don't know of any other conservation groups that did.

Yep get a petition going, that is what peta always does to us. Go to change.org and create a petition then join as many Facebook hunting groups as you can, especially CA based groups and you can share the petition there. Im sure navda and all of the other hunting associations have groups on FB. Also you can share here with all of us and any other CA based board.

https://www.change.org/start-a-petition

Signed. Thanks. And I sent an email to all of the commissioners since I can't be there on Wednesday.

Yup. Lot's of public comment taken. Most were opposed. Those that were for it seemed to have some type of monetary interest. An out of state dairy owner (land value would go up), a group from a landscape company (8,000 more potential customers), a real estate guy (6% per house sold adds up to?), school administrators (more schools and students so more $$$). The "applicant" (Lewis Homes) spewed a bunch of BS and bosted about turning dairys into Starbucks and Walmarts (or something like that - like that's a good thing?). The hearing was continued until October 18th (2 weeks). They will take more public comment then if anybody wants to add their 2 cents. Anybody that can get away and go to the next hearing should. They'll probably vote on it next time.

Reactions: DoubleTrouble

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu