San Jacinto is in trouble

Unable to make it due to work emergencies. I hope the fix is not already in.

Unable to make it due to work emergencies. I hope the fix is not already in.

We are well represented here, but the Commissioner reclused himself as he is part of this and the rest of the members have been given presentations by the developer...ugh.

They have updated their presentation to no longer have residential north of Ramona due to our backlash...

They have tons of slides reinforcing how this will "better" the community. It's one of many they already have in progress (Ontario 45,000 Home project off Cantu-Galleano Rd)...these guys are huge.

We won a lawsuit in 2012 against them building but they are back now...with modifications that the lawsuit states they must do like adding a school and no residential north of Ramona (commercial is still ok).

I met Aaron, an older man who presented quite well!! Told a story of his family and it was heart warming and challenged the board to go sit out in a duck blind and watch the wildlife...it's breathtaking, he quoted.

There are a few Nuevo residents who are in favor speaking now...all non-hunters nor wildlife lovers. Most are friends of the developer and seem rehearsed...one admitted to leasing land for his church from this developer as we speak!

Jim Matthews is up now and focusing on the danger to the wildlife in San Jacinto...including how the hunting community is segregated. He is asking for the developer to disclose that hunting happens there and they cannot protest it once moving in (CCR code or something).

Scott Seaul (sp?) from State Wildlife Comm. speaking know...giving specifics on how the dev fell short with their new proposed commercial site like zoning, etc...

This will go on as 30 more folks are going to speak....I hope I gave you all a visual of what's happening today.

Would hate to have Wister as the only public duck hunting location in SoCal...could you imagine?

Sounds about like what I expected. Thanks much for the description of what's happening, really appreciate it.

Reactions: 2dogs1name

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu