Scouting for Montana's Pheasant Opener

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Seems like the hatch from last spring was a good one.....Lots of young roosters seem.

Also got in some duck hunting & upland in too.....Benton Lake was froze till 2:30 pm yesterday .....Managed 4 ducks.....Went up tp Conrad area and walked some Block Mgnt properties and bagged 2 huns & 1 sharpie.

Here's a few pix.....Because I know you guys like them.....lol

ps....The 2nd pic is actually Hungarian partridge.

. 004.JPG 010.JPG 022.JPG 048.JPG 008.JPG 001.JPG 007.JPG 022.JPG 006.JPG

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    673.9 KB · Views: 7
Definitely not EL CENTRO. Looks like you will have fun on the opener.

very nice looking country sir. good luck, the gallos look like they don't know what's coming. Steve how does the dog do in the snow, do the paws freeze up?

Hell yeah loving the pics! Thanks and keep them coming.

very nice looking country sir. good luck, the gallos look like they don't know what's coming. Steve how does the dog do in the snow, do the paws freeze up?
Speaking for Steve here, but my std poodle is not as suited for the cold as a lab and he loves the snow. Never seen an issue with his paws freezing up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rick,

No problem with snow or ice.....He was breaking thru it a couple of days ago and running like hell......lol

Tomorrow is supposed to be super windy (25-40 mph) and 50 degrees.....Should be an interesting pheasant opener.

.005.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu