Second Chance Cow Elk

Drewski2324

Sep 26, 2013
Ventura County by way of Idaho
My tag for the archery hunt I did in Idaho has a late season second chance cow only season. I will be flying out on thanksgiving to see if I can avoid another Tag soup. All of my Elk hunting experience has bee attributed to focusing on bulls and shoot a cow if she gets close enough. I know the bulls will not be bugling at the end of November but is cow calling still effective? Am I limited to spot and stalk only?

This particular area is very thick and very bushy even with snow and i'm worried if we cant cross tracks we may never see any animals.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
You might be able to use a lost calf "bleet" call?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu