Short Varmint hunting teaser film

Crosman999

Jul 26, 2015
Ventura, CA
Hey all,went to scout a new area and brought the camera to get some footage for an upcoming Varmint series video that's scheduled to be done in two months. Here is just a short of the video to come. Hope you enjoy,if you like what you see please "subscribe" as it helps further adventures!

Reactions: Ismael De La Torre
Beautiful country. Thanks Cros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched the vid. Cool country, but did you hit any of the vermin? Oh - and awesome dog!

Reactions: Bonejour
Watched the vid. Cool country but did you hit any of the vermin? Oh - and awesome dog!

I admire the honesty. Those little guys are hard enough to hit with a center fire rifle. Cros, what's the MOA accuracy on the air rifle you were using, and the approximate range of your shots?

The gun has 25MOA built into the receiver. Most all the shots were past 100 yards and as far as 200. I've learned over the years that not everyone will understand how difficult it is to juggle a movie camera,setup,focus and still make shots on critters that won't stay still. Hours and days of work just to capture one shot is sometimes a just how it is. I save the good footage and add it to a 45 min video. I use these videos as a layout for how I want to place everything.

Reactions: Bonejour
The gun has 25MOA built into the receiver. Most all the shots were past 100 yards and as far as 200. I've learned over the years that not everyone will understand how difficult it is to juggle a movie camera,setup,focus and still make shots on critters that won't stay still. Hours and days of work just to capture one shot is sometimes a just how it is. I save the good footage and add it to a 45 min video. I use these videos as a layout for how I want to place everything.

2.5MOA, correct?

Reactions: Crosman999

As I was reading the comments. I was thinking the same thing about how hard it is to get it all together and make a shot. Doing it solo takes it to a whole different level.
Nice job on the video.

As I was reading the comments. I was thinking the same thing about how hard it is to get it all together and make a shot. Doing it solo takes it to a whole different level.
Nice job on the video.

Yes even when you are not trying to make the shot, running the video is difficult. Isn't that right Lungpopper? ;)

Reactions: TRICER
I can't relate to hitting a squirrel from those distances with an air gun under any circumstances. Great video thanks.

Thanks for all the feedback you guys, haha I really just have fun and don't care about much more than that. Airguns are friggin cool. I made this for you guys in particular.

If there are that many rodents in the area I guarantee there are a ton of dogs. You should be able to get one within 30 yards if you are using a fox pro.

Reactions: Crosman999

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu