Shot the Wrong Wolf!

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Good Gawd!...........I've hunted this area. It's not like it's overrun with deer & elk......What to they (tree huggers) think going to happen when the wolves get hungry.........The introduced wolves have destroyed the deer herd in the Gila NF per my buddy who's a outfitter there.........Montana elk herd are taking a beating as well......... ::)

http://www.krem.com/news/Washington-state-accidentally-shoots-alpha-wolf-274048651.html

Ok I am not a tree hugger OK, but how did the the wolf and all the other animals for thousands of years co-existed but now they are a problem. I don't under stand that.
deer, elk , bear, wolf, coyote, and all the other critters was an ecosystem that had coped with each other for thousands & thousands of years or more of course. I don't think we are getting the truth from all sides. Man is the out of whack deal in this puzzel. by developing all the the land. putting fences up and saying the land belongs to them. The Earth belongs to no man. that's why for hundreds or thousands of year man has been in conflict with them self's.
I know that the tree huggers are funded by our own Government. so that it can take land away or prevent the public from using it. there's more to this than we know.

here are two instances , Bundy Ranch, & wayne hage, read about this guys if you dare.

Ghost

Sounds like they shot the right wolf if you ask me. The pack was posing a threat to domesticated animals and other means to stop them failed.....

Lee,

No argument about how animals co-existed...And they had unlimited space....The problem with introducing wolves and bears into these smaller areas is the elk, deer, and other animals to not have the habitat to survive from the highest predators......Man being the ultimate predator......Managing is just part of the good for all species.......The point of this article was they shot the alpha female......Do they actually think another female will not take her place?..........Just my 2 cents

ilovesprig said:
Ray,

No argument about how animals co-existed...And they had unlimited space....The problem with introducing wolves and bears into these smaller areas is the elk, deer, and other animals to not have the habitat to survive from the highest predators......Man being the ultimate predator......Managing is just part of the good for all species.......The point of this article was they shot the alpha female......Do they actually think another female will not take her place?..........Just my 2 cents

Steve

Please call me Lee:)

Ghost

I agree with Breacher.

Ghost,
The Elk may be wild but they haven't had to deal with wolves for 100 or so years. The Elk today have no sense on how to deal with that situation. Kinda like putting your house cat outside. It will survive pretty good till the coyotes show up.

Lungpopper said:
I agree with Breacher.

Ghost,
The Elk may be wild but they haven't had to deal with wolves for 100 or so years. The Elk today have no sense on how to deal with that situation. Kinda like putting your house cat outside. It will survive pretty good till the coyotes show up.
LP

Good point, the problem I have there is so much disinformation out there.we never get the real story. Most of the main media is all BS.

Ghost

ilovesprig said:
Lee,

Steve

Goodpoint and i do agree there is less space. We as humans constantly screw up.

Ghost

66 pound seems small for an alfa female to me. I know they figured out not only the Alpha breeds. females will have puppies on their own without the help of another male from the pack minus the making baby part. Just the raising. I don't know

Are you allowed to hunt wolves there how come somebody gets paid to shoot one from a helicopter when people are willing to pay to hunt them more legit??

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu