Slow year for bucks

Stick with the does. This time of year 9 out of 10 times there will be a buck near. He might be hiding in the shadows , try really taking your time and watching those does for hours!! With some good glass. I have been watching 3 groups of does and all 3 groups have a shooter buck with them in the last week. One is a nice 4by4, just waiting till I see my chance and it feels right.

Cali Ridge Runner said:
Stick with the does. This time of year 9 out of 10 times there will be a buck near. He might be hiding in the shadows , try really taking your time and watching those does for hours!! With some good glass. I have been watching 3 groups of does and all 3 groups have a shooter buck with them in the last week. One is a nice 4by4, just waiting till I see my chance and it feels right.

Great advice. Good luck on that 4x4 looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks LP. And congrats on your stud buck you just put down the other day. Ya this 4by4 has given me the slip a few times already this season. I've passed on several nice bucks already because I am waiting on this guy. Been going out every after noon to keep an eye on this guy. Gonna give it till Sunday then any shooter 3by3 or better is gonna have to go down.

Cali Ridge Runner said:

Good luck. Have you seen your drop tine buck after the opener?

You're in the running for the contest and you haven't taken a shot yet.

Have not seen the drop tine buck at all since the season started. ???. Opening weekend I layed my eyes on a real stud and it's been on since then. I know some thing has got to go down soon! I know I know time is running out. The last 2 weeks are usually my best in the past though. Different bucks (drifters) start showing up and anything can happen.

Cali Ridge Runner said:
I am taking the week off from every thing next week. All week! To get this thing done!! Peace!!

That's the spirit! Go get em' Cali!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu