Still a few fish at the Shaw

SpiritOTM

Jun 25, 2014
Shot by myself Sunday morning for 7, just not a lot of time to take pics when your keeping the trolling motor straight and running to the bow of the boat to get a shot then hopping back to turn off the trolling motor to keep the line out of the prop. Haven't been bowfishing but only a couple of months, I'm afraid it is consuming my every waking minute. Fish were difficult today to say the least. There not on top feeding, just scattered random groups of fish that are traveling just under the surface and drop down quickly at the first site of the boat, so long shots were in order. So wish I could shoot that lake at night. Anyone know of any water close by that the visibility is better than the shaw. Would love to get a shoot in where I can actually see the fish under the water and take shots that way, instead snap 15yd shots at outlines. Hope to meet some of the stars on here some day.

Wade,

Have you tried the mouth of the San Luis Rey?........It's getting late and there not be much of a water flow (and the lake is dropping)......I looked at the lake Sunday too......Surface only with zero visibility.

Tried getting back in there Steve but its just too shallow, lots of baitfish and bird activity. The carp just won't come up at all with that nearby.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu