Tag soup for me

Sdbirds

You can't kill it from your couch.
Jul 9, 2012
El Cajon
Well I have to work in the morning. Unless something crazy happens like I get off very early my seasons done. I gave it hell if half of you knew how much I hunted you think I was crazy. Unless something happens it looks like you got it Cali Ridge Runner. It's still anyone's contest really. The fat lady hasn't sang yet I don't think she's going to be singing for me though. (Who knows I may come down with something and hunt tomorrow). Ended up passing on10 legals 3 were bigger then what I shot. Mine dosent count in the 10

D16
Josh
Brice
Steve
Peter
Jose
Who ever eles I know u better be hunting tomorrow. And be killing don't miss u won't live it down.

Good try Johny. At least you weighed in, a lot of hunters didn't get that far. I kinda wish I took my D-16 buck with a rifle. I had full intensions of carrying my rifle that day but it didn't feel like I was going hunting so put it back and grabbed my bow. What can I say im a archery dork. ;D

I'm boiling the water wwith chicken broth right now, I'm about to drop my tag in now !!!

Well it's always entertaining, and often instructive, to read your reports ;D
You're a proud hunter, and obviously have higher standards than most of us. I tip my hat to you.
:)

Sent via Tapatalk

Bonejour said:
Well it's always entertaining, and often instructive, to read your reports ;D
You're a proud hunter, and obviously have higher standards than most of us. I tip my hat to you.
:)

Sent via Tapatalk
I agree Johnny. I think its far better to eat my tag then to shoot a young forkey when you already have a deer in the freezer. I read that deer die within 2 miles of the spot they were born. So if no one takes them they will be around next year. Plus the one you got is a nice buck.

Lungpopper said:
You said if they call you for work you were going to quit
I can't believe you broke down

About that....... I didn't go to work. Hunted instead. Nothing a few does. I would have killed a baby today too

Sorry Doug I woulda did it. Today only though

Sdbirds said:
Lungpopper said:
You said if they call you for work you were going to quit
I can't believe you broke down

About that....... I didn't go to work. Hunted instead. Nothing a few does. I would have killed a baby today too

Sorry Doug I woulda did it. Today only though
No worries Bro. Your a natural born killer.

I'm in the same boat buddy. Hunted Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Didn't fill my tag, so I'll be making Tag-Larinni (it is a pasta dish with meat) out if mine. Ended up hunting 10 out of 30 days. Next year it is an A22 tag for me.

socalcowboy said:
I put beer in my tag soup, to cut down on the bad taste...

Good idea!

Those tags can have a pretty "gamey" flavor... from what I've heard. :)

no luck for me hunted Friday evening & all day Saturday, I spent the sunday with the family, tag tasted terrible. I better not eat my A-22 tag.
Friday hikers walking in the rain with a little one on the old mans back, his wife & stringing two toddlers a long. all wearing shorts.
busted my afternoon hunt.
Out with Airriflehunter on Saturday. some hunter walked right in the middle of the field. busted a deer on the hill.
heard turkeys calling. with all the hikers ruining my hunts I am ready to go up north next year. :mad: if I still in this state. ???

longbowhunter2 said:
no luck for me hunted Friday evening & all day Saturday, I spent the sunday with the family, tag tasted terrible. I better not eat my A-22 tag.
Friday hikers walking in the rain with a little one on the old mans back, his wife & stringing two toddlers a long. all wearing shorts.
busted my afternoon hunt.
Out with Airriflehunter on Saturday. some hunter walked right in the middle of the field. busted a deer on the hill.
heard turkeys calling. with all the hikers ruining my hunts I am ready to go up north next year. :mad: if I still in this state. ???

Sounds like a pain. But glad that you and Ray went out together. It must have been fun to connect in person.
8)

Sent via Tapatalk

Hey Johny if it makes you feel better I will prob eat my A-22. I will be passing on several descent forkies, and a young 3x3 that walks by me at least once a week. I have plenty of meat in the freezer, and I will only shoot a wall hanger the rest of the season. On second thought that prob doesn't make you feel any better. Sorry. ::)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu