The aboriginal fish hunting

Discussion in 'FreshWater Fishing' started by rickychen, Dec 13, 2017.

?
  1. i like this

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. i don't like this

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. rickychen

rickychen New Member

An aboriginal guy looking for food near a stream. When he was walking down a large waterfall, he suddenly discovered a fish swimming under the stream. He jumped down to catch it, but he could not catch it. He had touched the fish but because of its body too slippery so he lost it. He immediately cut a bamboo tree and split it into several small spears.

azWkAx1dOI1486Acxbp5DiN4l-kC0TsP0L-tcNSWrs7l3jjqEWW2l4OzmWzZplYXvhHemoaRMzTEvYHTrTDcwhK8bXyN3Wtc.png

oD0ZDWoWBn2xIAT5g6BAabgSt5OxkReuRfDa31ovm9nrBL_sTQpDGj3FshPpGcZdklQ9QG9eMxmBd_0g-ZggUkHPgYlRLF7Z.png

He used this bamboo to stab the fish. After a stabbing several times, the aboriginal guy finally caught the fish by his bamboo

BuIcbFnPlPUCeo7NgSJKN3Ei179l4kGA6s1uQ4wcAUgurnP1gREOseBL-0VV0BKC60QvWk9VMlh7I0lOAfhd9J1dz3vJKrAa.png

Aboriginal fish processing method:

• Pecking fish, stabbing fish in bamboo shoots, and baking.
    UJStIaF6tN1i90aTSCuSVMPknZmta8Hgd5jrFg4s45BRk0n9AgNQulQ-3sDWoSQXARCAOMQ6gNYpdFq9jd_IdkpaZM6LqdWO.png

Put fish in bamboo tube and bake.

spQWKbgTZb4D4EMxgzINnYCg6Ag2SNRc3TOnBtQfpaC_XpXTRiGq2jIaXFYcTK7hBw6g7DCFg3xHPxyEdiu0C2Idw4IWyD7D.png

The taste of fish in both ways is delicious and sweet, in addition to the aroma of bamboo.

Link to watch video:

longbowhunter2 likes this.
  2. ilovesprig

ilovesprig Moderator
    Staff Member

Interesting 1st post.....Welcome to SCH

3. SurfNHuntSD

SurfNHuntSD Well-Known Member

So random lol.

Bonejour and turkeyman 85 like this.
  4. longbowhunter2

longbowhunter2 Well-Known Member

5. fiskfinder

fiskfinder Member

I've speared trout with a similarly fashioned improvised spear in the Sierra Nevada mt's. Fun way to to get dinner. Not a "hunting report" though.

6. rickychen

rickychen New Member

When I can think of myself, the smart trapping and catching that prey is a happy thing

7. TonyS

TonyS Member

Show us how that works on bluefin.

8. WaterDawg

WaterDawg Active Member

I can’t follow that sentence. I did try spearing some bottom suckers with a stick in the Merced river and found it was harder than it looks.

9. SurfNHuntSD

SurfNHuntSD Well-Known Member

It's basically a bamboo version of a Hawaiian sling spear.. or "3 prong" as we call it. Only difference is spearing fish with it above the water is harder than being underwater.. you get the parallax effect similar to bowfishing when you shoot too high. I've never done it with fish but we used to do it on Tahitian prawns in the creeks.