The Buck Drops Here

invisible man

Walk The Line
Oct 7, 2011
About 20 feet up
2016.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_0203(1)-3.jpg View attachment 29001 View attachment 29327 View attachment 29327 View attachment 29157 View attachment 29141 View attachment 29140 After hundreds of pics and many hours of observation from the tree I decided I needed to move about a hundred yards down the wooded draw from where I was set up. So when Saturday came I got in early and circled way around and came in down wind and found a nice spot on the ground against an old Oak. I dug in a small flat spot for my chair on the slope up tight to the tree then gathered up a bunch of dead branches and roughed in a little ground bind, mostly just to help break up my out line. Then I sat down got comfortable and waited for it to get light. 20 minutes later I could see good enough to range a few objects in my shooting lanes. These doe have been arriving to this area at about 8:30 every time I saw them but today they showed up on the ridge above the draw in front of me 2 hours early. A big Doe with a Buck right behind her followed by about 6 more Doe. I could see 3 points on one side and was not real sure about the other but decided to take him if she brings him a little closer. She looked around and then started down the hill heading right for my 30yd lane. When she got in it I drew back and she stopped and looked me straight in the eyes leaving him standing there broad side and clueless I put the 30 pin on him and squeezed it off. I hit him high on the lungs but let enough air out that he wasn't getting far. About 50 yards and down for the count. He is not a bad Buck for the last week end of D-16. A little broken up but I'm proud to have gotten him. A little 3x3 with nice eye guards and a little kicker on the left G-2. Big thanks to Lungpopper and Randomshot for helping me out. By gauging the teeth they both think he is about a 5 year old.

Last edited:
After hundreds of pics and many hours of observation from the tree I decided I needed to move about a hundred yards down the wooded draw from where I was set up. So when Saturday came I got in early and circled way around and came in down wind and found a nice spot on the ground against an old Oak. I dug in a small flat spot for my chair on the slope up tight to the tree then gathered up a bunch of dead branches and roughed in a little ground bind, mostly just to help break up my out line. Then I sat down got comfortable and waited for it to get light. 20 minutes later I could see good enough to range a few objects in my shooting lanes. These doe have been arriving to this area at about 8:30 every time I saw them but today they showed up on the ridge above the draw in front of me 2 hours early. A big Doe with a Buck right behind her followed by about 6 more Doe. I could see 3 points on one side and was not real sure about the other but decided to take him if she brings him a little closer. She looked around and then started down the hill heading right for my 30yd lane. When she got in it I drew back and she stopped and looked me straight in the eyes leaving him standing there broad side and clueless I put the 30 pin on him and squeezed it off. I hit him high on the lungs but let enough air out that he wasn't getting far. About 50 yards and down for the count. He is not a bad Buck for the last week end of D-16. A little broken up but I'm proud to have gotten him. A little 3x3 with nice eye guards and a little kicker on the left G-2. Big thanks to Lungpopper and Randomshot for helping me out. By gauging the teeth they both think he is about a 5 year old. View attachment 29001 View attachment 29002View attachment 29003

I do believe I see a smile :) once again great buck , great shot brother.

thats a nice San Diego buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu