The San Diego board of supervisers plan

These people are soooooo stupid they will never control them if FL & TX can't no way Cali can

All it will do is push them around into areas they are not in right now

Typical govt backwards logic. They'd rather throw taxpayer money at the problem instead of involving local sportsmen to manage it for free. Heck if they were smart they could even make revenue off the whole deal by charging hunt fees onto county property and the uptick of pig tags, not that I wanna pay to hunt it but just the idea would make more sense to me than paying contract hunters/trappers.

Anza Borrego decided they wanted to get rid of Salt Cedars in the Carrizo Gorge/Wash...hired an operator with a grinder and he went in and ground them all up. Year later, they're back bigger than before. A simple Google search will tell you the effective (and ineffective) ways to eradicate Salt Cedars.

if i was KING i would tell all of you to leave my pigs alone or i would charge you with sedition against the crown. wait i like this idea, KING WILLIAM

Exactly what MJB said. SD county is completely different from Texas, it will just push the hogs around to new areas and they will continue to populate.

Thanks government for wasting tax payer money...again

I just read the article. Why didn't any one from the public speak for or against this?
Did they decide this at midnight behind closed doors?

GmansGpa said:
I just read the article. Why didn't any one from the public speak for or against this?
Did they decide this at midnight behind closed doors?

There was a one year hearing process where the feds and county received input from the public. Even with the overwhelming opposition, they decided to use old feral pig studies from Texas and uneducated guess as to what the pigs might do to come up with the plan.

What is the harm these cuties don't look so tuff.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 58
No it's from a few years ago we found them in the nest. It was like a little grass made nest with a small hole There was a whole bunch

Snake Charmer said:
Hunted with a guide years ago that took one in and raised it to end of life, he named him and he was a celebrity at the ranch. He would chug beers if you held them up for him.

My mom had a pet piglet from Catalina. Turned into a boar started sharpening his tusks on antique chairs. The story goes the pig went to live on a farm knowing my grandpa they ate the pig

Haha. Yea my buddy did something similar they kept a boar piglet that grew like 300 pounds. They'd walk it on leash around the neighborhood but it'd get angry and start chasing people. It didn't grow tusks but supposedly once they go back into the wild they'll start growing em again

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu