This mornings outing.

Gteam2

Oct 24, 2013
Gil and I got out this morning, nice and cool, figured the deer would be moving and they sure were. We spotted 12 does and 4 bucks 2 of the bucks we had in bow range but they were on the smaller side, so no shooting. The fourth buck we spotted was border line and Gil put an excellent stalk on to 20 yards when it busted out also turned out to be a nice fork but just a tad too small. Fortunately for us especially me it was too cold for rattlers to be active as I stepped right over a little one hiding in a small crevice. Good reminder of what can be encountered out there. Be safe and good hunting! Sorry about the quality of pics, used my phone.

Attachments

• 077 (2).JPG
    077 (2).JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 074 (2).JPG
    074 (2).JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 120
Ultimate dude, weekdays are great to be out there. Less pressure and today were great conditions with the front that moved through, not to mention the rut in full swing. Things look so good this morning Gteam members were out in the field this afternoon and just got word that Jr. Member Timothy took a nice forky.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu