this state sucks

Invisible man said:
Its not the whole dept. Ive spent alot of time hunting and fishing in S.D. And Ive only had problems with the one officer. He is not anti hunter, He is anti Julian deer hunter. Unless you live there. So if you kill a nice deer up there make sure you have crossed all the t's and dotted all the I's. Because he will be looking for a mistake in your hunt and if he finds one then he will not excuse it. And he doesn't have to,The law is on his side. So if you kill a nice deer and you post it up on the internet make sure you did everything right ,because he uses these sites to build his case. But most of the guys I have ran into will give you a break if you make an honest mistake. I think the hunting in S.D. would be alot worse without them.
GW fleet im guessing?

i like this tread, i got a rivalry with a couple different wardens. i wont say their names ,BUT, everytime i see them, they know who i am, and they talk to me with respect now after all the times ive gotten in their face. I respect and follow the law, but they need to respect me too, if not, they find out that they will not get what they want out of me. :mad:

I will say overall my experience with F&G has been great. I usually welcome running into them because they will tell me what an area has been doing. If they've already pulled a couple deer out or if the quail are in one area or another. Up by me they have a chunk of land (wildlife area) were they hold mentored youth hunts for waterfowl, phesant, etc. plus a BBQ afterwards (all put on by DFG). They are definetly something we need, as it is look how many people are out poaching, or doing blatent violations. Our hunting would be far worse if left unchecked. As far as the DA goes, I think breacher hit it on the head. A win is a win and if we plead guilty to ... from whatever. We still plead guilty and we are "happy it's not as bad as it could have been."

HOWEVER, there are those FEW and I'll repeat FEW that just seem to get a kick out of ruining our day.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu