Took the kids out on a quick trip

BeachBum

Jul 15, 2023
Downey, Ca
Took the family and a school friend out fishing yesterday. The kids tag teamed a halibut, and we all combined for 30 or so sand bass and sculpin. It was a fun day on the water, and once again, my wife outfished us all.

20230807_112147.jpg
20230806_111143.jpg
20230806_110122.jpg20230806_091902.jpg

We hooked on on a shark too, but lost it before we could even get a good look.

Very cool.

Sculpins are really good if you know how to prepare them and how have you seen the price of halibut?..

The little boy on the back in the first pic looks like a rascal...I like him..lol

Reactions: BeachBum
Very cool.

Sculpins are really good if you know how to prepare them and how have you seen the price of halibut?..

The little boy on the back in the first pic looks like a rascal...I like him..lol
We like sculpin. Going we have enough to try a few methods. Halibut is hitting the pan tonight.

He is a handful, but a ton of fun. Had to end our last trip early because he'd thrown all of the bait to the seals. Finally got him fishing this time and he landed his first saltwater catch.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu