"Tribute" American Sniper's widow takes his place

Re: "Tribute" American Sniper's widow takes his place

Thanks for sharing, good video!

Outstanding video.......Thanks for sharing.

ps....Probably drives the tree hugging, bunny hugging, libs crazy................ :p

Re: "Tribute" American Sniper's widow takes his place

She nailed it. The hunt is the teacher.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/jesse-ventura-blasts-american-sniper-article-1.2096494

Ventura continues to try make his old washed up self relevant. My SO buddy says he has a blue trident.

My Step Dad is a Vietnam era SEAL, and him and my Mom put the Vietnam era Party on every summer at their house until my Mom passed away in 2011.I asked him about this, and he says Ventura is not a SEAL, he was UDT and when UDT was decommissioned in 83' all classes after that were SEALS. He says Ventura has been lying about this for years!!

CMPeterson said:
My Step Dad is a Vietnam era SEAL, and him and my Mom put the Vietnam era Party on every summer at their house until my Mom passed away in 2011.I asked him about this, and he says Ventura is not a SEAL, he was UDT and when UDT was decommissioned in 83' all classes after that were SEALS. He says Ventura has been lying about this for years!!

I did not know that and that information just confirms what I think of him. Thank you!

CMPeterson said:
He also wanted to emphasize, there is no shame in any branch of the service, and all are hero's. The shame is in lying about being a SEAL!!

Totally agree with you. As a vet I just can't stand anyone that embellishes the service that they have done for our country.

Per Wikipedia:

Ventura was born James George Janos on July 15, 1951[1][2] in Minneapolis, Minnesota, a son of George William Janos and his wife, Bernice Martha (née Lenz). Both of his parents were World War II veterans. Ventura has an older brother who served in the Vietnam War. Ventura has described himself as Slovak, since his father's parents were from what is now Slovakia; his mother was of German descent.[9][10] Ventura was raised as a Lutheran. He attended the Cooper Elementary School and graduated from Roosevelt High School in 1969.

Ventura served in the United States Navy from December 1, 1969, to September 10, 1975, during the Vietnam War era. He graduated in BUD/S class 58 in December 1970[11] and was part of Underwater Demolition Team 12[4][12]

Ventura has frequently referred to his military career in public statements and debates.[13][14][15] He was criticized by hunters and conservationists for stating in an interview with the Minneapolis Star Tribune in April 2001, "Until you have hunted men, you haven't hunted yet."[15][16]

In January 2002, Ventura, who never specifically stated whether he fought in Vietnam, disclosed that he had not seen combat. He was stationed at Subic Bay in the Philippines, and for this he received the Vietnam Service Medal, given to all military personnel who supported the war effort even though stationed outside South Vietnam.[17]

Regardless of what people may think. He served his country. Plain and simple. For that, he deserves respect.

Regarding the outlaying controversy, I have my opinions. And so do many others. The older I get, the more I try to walk in the shoes of others prior to forming opinion.

There are always two sides to every story...

NBK said:
Per Wikipedia:

Ventura was born James George Janos on July 15, 1951[1][2] in Minneapolis, Minnesota, a son of George William Janos and his wife, Bernice Martha (née Lenz). Both of his parents were World War II veterans. Ventura has an older brother who served in the Vietnam War. Ventura has described himself as Slovak, since his father's parents were from what is now Slovakia; his mother was of German descent.[9][10] Ventura was raised as a Lutheran. He attended the Cooper Elementary School and graduated from Roosevelt High School in 1969.

Ventura served in the United States Navy from December 1, 1969, to September 10, 1975, during the Vietnam War era. He graduated in BUD/S class 58 in December 1970[11] and was part of Underwater Demolition Team 12[4][12]

Ventura has frequently referred to his military career in public statements and debates.[13][14][15] He was criticized by hunters and conservationists for stating in an interview with the Minneapolis Star Tribune in April 2001, "Until you have hunted men, you haven't hunted yet."[15][16]

In January 2002, Ventura, who never specifically stated whether he fought in Vietnam, disclosed that he had not seen combat. He was stationed at Subic Bay in the Philippines, and for this he received the Vietnam Service Medal, given to all military personnel who supported the war effort even though stationed outside South Vietnam.[17]

Regardless of what people may think. He served his country. Plain and simple. For that, he deserves respect.

Regarding the outlaying controversy, I have my opinions. And so do many others. The older I get, the more I try to walk in the shoes of others prior to forming opinion.

There are always two sides to every story...
Per WIKI he was UDT that is correct.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu