Turkey Ammo... where???

KingSlug

Jul 27, 2015
I went by BPS today and a few shops looking for turkey ammo non-toxic... didn’t find much if any. Seems like since the new ammo law went in effect shops are stocking less of the seldom purchased stuff.

Where are you finding turkey ammo? And if I order it from out of state do I just have to ship it to an FFL?

Jared

Don't know where you live, but Bass Pro had plenty of Hevi-Shot Blend last Sunday.....Turner's in San Marcos had some as well.

John what do you have......any of the sst?

Fine Firearms is currently carrying Heavy Shot and Heavy Metal Turkey loads and some blend as well. 3" 20 ga, 3" 12 ga and 3.5" 12 ga.

There is quite a bit of lead as well.

Reactions: BangBangBrandon
Friend just got some Federal TSS.....3 1/2" 2 1/4 oz #7's

Holy crap!......Approx. 430 pellets that hit like Lead 4's.....Wow!

.002.JPG

Supposed to be very good stuff. Difficult to get right now.

Tried some reloaded 3" TSS today.....40 yds with #9's.....Also, 3" Hevi-Shot Blend....5,6,7's.....Both with a Jellyhead on a SBE.

.001.JPG 005.JPG

I usually get my ammo from Big 5. If not I usually make a day trip to Bass Pro Shop in the Fontana area. Worth it if you want a good legal harvest!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu