Turkey hunting this weekend

SASS

Jan 25, 2014
Man turkey hunting is tough!!!

We've been down here and have seen lots of birds but finding the spots you can legally hunt them in is a different story. It didn't help a couple of the spots we scouted on google earth and onxmaps were not accessible and the other couple we did not find any sign at all even though I found water, food, and shelter. Did see a lot of deer, and other things but no turkey. So I have even more respect for you guys that pull birds off of public land. I guess that will just make it more rewarding when I do get one.

Going to try again tomorrow but trying to find a new place to go as we speak. We will see what happens.

Good luck wish I could get out there tomorrow at least I tried today after 5 hard miles of over hill and dale and came home empty but had a good hike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SASS
Got out there early today to give it one last shot for this weekend. Still don't see much sign but we go setup on a nice spot. After about 2 hours BAM a hen comes in. We think maybe we have a chance. Then do not see anything else for the last two hours we sit. I guess it was still progress.

Hard going though and its tough to scout SD when you live two hours away, but I will get back on my maps and continue to work.

Got out there early today to give it one last shot for this weekend. Still don't see much sign but we go setup on a nice spot. After about 2 hours BAM a hen comes in. We think maybe we have a chance. Then do not see anything else for the last two hours we sit. I guess it was still progress.

Hard going though and its tough to scout SD when you live two hours away, but I will get back on my maps and continue to work.

keep at it when it finally comes together it will be that much better, we when out Sunday to a roost we found the week before and nothing not a gooble to be heard, to top it off and taunt us they left us their tracks and fresh crap on the very same trail we came in on at 3 am.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu