Turkey rookie

KoozeDeer

Jul 18, 2016
Guys and gals. I know absolutely nothing about turkey hunting, it never interested me in the least. I saw a video of a guy that killed a turkey and how happy he was. Genuinely thankful for the experience and suddenly for the first time ever I had the urge to turkey hunt. Can you guys give me some advice on tags, and is there a rifle or bow season?

Last edited:
Where do you live? ..if in calistan...buy a license..and bird stamp ..and hook up with stevo in the 16..yardbirds are cool ..been kiling them since 83...no rifle...yes on scatter gun...bow..or pellet gun in Ca..every state is different..here in AZ..we gotta draw..I don't hunt yardbirds in AZ ..

Where do you live? ..if in calistan...buy a license..and bird stamp ..and hook up with stevo in the 16..yardbirds are cool ..been kiling them since 83...no rifle...yes on scatter gun...bow..or pellet gun in Ca..every state is different..here in AZ..we gotta draw..I don't hunt yardbirds in AZ ..
Yea Ca…. A friend of myn said he ran into you at Sportsman warehouse?

Man I don't think so..
I've been laid up for few months from pre neck...then neck surgery..haven't been to sportmans in a long time..do tell? Great place though...have one close to home here..and seriously..you should hook it up at the monthly turkey party at the burger place in poway all the turkey enthusiasts go to...many from this site go and say nothing but good things about it. Stevo will hook you up!! Buddy lives and breaths turkey hunting!

Man I don't think so..
I've been laid up for few months from pre neck...then neck surgery..haven't been to sportmans in a long time..do tell? Great place though...have one close to home here..and seriously..you should hook it up at the monthly turkey party at the burger place in poway all the turkey enthusiasts go to...many from this site go and stay nothing but good things about it. Stevo will hook you up!! Buddy lives and breaths turkey hunting!
yes I will have to attend. The guys name was JT. It said it was months back

It is what you make it. My first bird I was so happy I was shaking (I was pretty young). My first public land bird came quite a few years after and is just as big of a trophy as any elk, bear, deer, pig or anything else I've killed.

Reactions: sportyg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu