Turkey stuck with arrow in ramona

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
http://www.ramonasentinel.com/2013/04/17/who-shot-the-turkey/
This storys total bs i saw that bird its the smallest in the flock of 15 plus toms also the people who feed the turkeys their are breaking the law just my .02

Lungpopper said:
Uumm ::) Isn't feeding wild animals illegal.

Can you find the section that says its illegal to feed? I could only find the section that talks about baiting. I was going to send the Ramona Sentinel and DFG an email about the lady who is feeding them. Just like calling in a poacher, I feel it is my due diligence to notify the authorities of this violation that clearly result is the poor turkey being maimed. ;)

14 CCR § 251.1

Cal. Admin. Code tit. 14, § 251.1

Barclays Official California Code of Regulations Currentness
Title 14. Natural Resources
Division 1. Fish and Game Commission-Department of Fish and Game
Subdivision 2. Game and Furbearers
Chapter 1. General Provisions and Definitions (Refs & Annos)
§ 251.1. Harassment of Animals.

Except as otherwise authorized in these regulations or in the Fish and Game Code, no person shall harass, herd or drive any game or nongame bird or mammal or furbearing mammal. For the purposes of this section, harass is defined as an intentional act which disrupts an animal's normal behavior patterns, which includes, but is not limited to, breeding, feeding or sheltering. This section does not apply to a landowner or tenant who drives or herds birds or mammals for the purpose of preventing damage to private or public property, including aquaculture and agriculture crops.

Note: Authority cited: Sections 200, 202, 203, 355, 3800 and 4150, Fish and Game Code. Reference: Sections 200, 202, 203, 203.1, 207, 215, 220, 2000, 3800 and 4150, Fish and Game Code.

HISTORY

1. New section filed 6-4-70; designated effective 7-1-70 (Register 70, No. 23).

2. Amendment filed 5-28-71; designated effective 7-1-71 (Register 71, No. 22).

3. Repealer filed 6-5-72; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 72, No. 24).

4. New section filed 11-14-90; operative 11-14-90 pursuant to Government Code section 11346.2(d) (Register 90, No. 50).

14 CCR § 251.1, 14 CA ADC § 251.1

This database is current through 4/12/13 Register 2013, No. 15

I think it is only illegal in a baiting situation. Any other time it is highly discouraged by the experts. the law says you must be 400yds away from an active feeder when hunting. But it doesn't say you can not feed the birds.

Snake Charmer said:
Not trying to split hairs here but if I'm reading this correctly a hummingbird feeder or bird seed in your back yard is illegal right ?

I've had a fish and game guy tell me feeding turkeys is a grey area. If yet ticket that then they have to ticket the humming bird feeders. Don't what to name who but he may have been involved with taking the biggest Pacific hybrid shot with a bow

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu