What a day. Not a good one

Gspman

Dec 2, 2014
North LA county
So wife signed us up for the dfw hog hunting seminar in San Luis obisbo today, a few months ago. So I get a schedule from work that will pay my gas and we work our way up on Friday. Could not find a room and did not want to drag the trailer so we camp at the koa in santa margarita in a cabin. After a long day of driving working driving working we get some food and head for the koa. Get checked in and to the cabin. Oops no chairs oh well we eat, shower and catch Some meat eater from net flix on the phone and off to bed. OMG the bed was really really bad. After a lot no night of tossing and turning I woke up with a pain in the back and lower belly. I didn't think much of it. We packed up and hit the road to breakfast and the sportsmans club Stomach hurt still. Ummm we sit through the morning of guys wanting spots to hunt and whining about the lack of animals but not putting in any work. We have a great BBQ pork lunch and my abdominal area still hurts and it's getting worse. So I hit the truck and leave the wife to take the rest of the tracking and skinning class. About 3 I'm in agony and pull her out of class to hit the local ER. After a few hours of blood tests urine tests and a cat scan and getting no releif from the pain killers they give me some anti inflamatories and tell me I've got kidney stones. Oooch. So now it's late. We are 3-4 hours from home and I can't drive My truck since I've got pain killers in me My truck is big and lifted with 35's and my wife is not used to it on the freeway let alone in the dark. It's gonna be a long drive home.

I was thinking appendix initially. My wife has had kidney stones several times. No good.

Hopefully they pass soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks me to. After all the stuff I've done to my body this is only the second time I've been in an emergency room. I hate hospitals and doctors.

Wow that's awful. It's bad enough if you'd been at home but having it strike while on a trip is just wrong. Sorry man, hope the stones pass soon with minimal pain.

Hope it's not the size of a Pencil eraser ...... if you drink soda, quit! They are the culprit most of the time

wish you well in your recovery, I've been 3 times for the stones I cannot believe something the size of a flea could cause so much pain, morphine please!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu