What a great site!

krist003

Nov 15, 2017
Hello everyone,

Just stumbled across this website and I am glad I did. I have been hunting my whole life, but never really thought about joining a forum for it. Looking forward to contributing.

I have two young boys and am finally starting to have just a little more time to myself to get serious into hunting again. Its a balancing act between family time and outdoor time. The family loves to camp and get out as much as we can which is great. I have been exploring local areas within an hour or two drive from Temecula. Found some cool spots, but so much is private land and blocked off. My goal is to enjoy the outdoors and get a grip on where I can hunt around my area so in six years I can take my oldest hunting with me (the youngest will follow a few years later) and make some memories.

I love archery hunting, but I use a rifle as well. I hunt anything edible and am really enjoying deer hunting at the moment. For the first time, I drew a G13 tag (anterless San Diego D16 zone hunt) that I have unfortunately been unable to fill. Saw plenty while scouting before opener of course. Been hiking all over creation and have only come across a couple spike bucks. Thought for sure I would have had a doe down by now, but I guess nothing in hunting is for sure.

Glad to be a part of the socal hunting community and this great forum.

Welcome to the site stay after it with a little time in the field you should be able to put a doe in the freezer. Lots of great guys on here and lots of really good hunters.

Thanks Truduct. I will definitely keep at it. I am actually just really enjoying being in the field, but to get some meat in the freezer would be over the top. I already got recipes picked out. This is the last weekend for the tag and I will be out there until the very last minute.

K-03,

Welcome to SCH.....Lots of deer moving right now.....All the best on getting that G-13 filled.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu