What is happening to McCain Valley?!

I live close by wind generators. And it's mostly on desert type terrain. The design of wind generation is very simple. And very efficient. Were as nuclear or even coal have high impact on the enviorment. Wind generation has very little enviormental impact. and I never see birds getting wacked. As time passes the designs will get better as well as the quality.

Right now there are 2 reactors in Fukushima Japan have melted through the containment floors. And they are flooding it with fresh water. Which is then dumped into pacific ocean. Sending radiation contamination into the pacific. As we know there is no news media about this and is being downed play. As not a serious problem. All those who have tried to contain it have died or are seriously ill. All the safety factors and back ups have all failed.

Not to get off subject but this has been covered by the media I watch and read for the few years Fukushima has been going on. In fairness the us navy has lots of nuclear reactors steaming around the worlds oceans with no problems. It's all in how you build and maintain the reactors.

As far as wind turbines not effecting the environment... I think this is proof of exactly how badly they do effect it. Plus I always want to know how much energy they take to build and install and keep running (carbon foot print) and how long it takes them to repay that energy before they start "being good for the world".

It's like a Prius. Some people buy a Prius to save the world but the carbon foot print is already so high before they even hit a sales lot that many never stay on the road long enough to pay that back. Plus what happens the the batteries after they go bad in a few years and get "recycled". Also how long does the average person keep there cars now days?

Sorry if I jacked the thread but it's all related.

I don't think they have covered the Japan situation adequately at all. What is the impact beyond Japan? Will we see this covered in U.S. newspapers/media? No, probably not. They are too busy with Ivanka Trump's clothes line news. Nuclear reactors in zones with a high probability of earthquakes, (i.e. the Ring of Fire), should be rethought.

I guess I don't watch the same news. I gave up on the main stream media a decade ago. I see this in the alternate news most every week. And I've never seen Ivankas cloths talked about.

Unfortunately we don't get the news coverage. And Trump knows this. Far as Prius cars I hate them. But this can be argued I guess. But as long as the US is on gasoline which is monopoly by Rockefeller. Then we the American people are been screwed. The pros and cons for E85 are an other story. Far as Nukes on ships I know friends who were on these ships and are severely sick veterans. But all this is under raps. So far as the materials to make wind generators I guess can be argued. So can building high rise buildings. So we stop all manufacturing? I don't believe so. Far as I am concern at least it trying to use renewable energy. If it fails at least we tried.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aeon
Far as the main stream media. I can not watch it. It so disgusting. They lie about very thing, and black out watch we should be aware of. Problem is there so much BS out there, it tough to get the straight news.

I live by were they are upgrading all the power poles from wood to steel poles with more conducting wires. And way bigger.

The steel poles are replacing all the wood poles in back country because of all crazy fire season.

The wood poles burn up in fires and steel poles do not.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
The steel poles are replacing all the wood poles in back country because of all crazy fire season.

The wood poles burn up in fires and steel poles do not.
Ya that's what the electricians tell me working on the poles, I knew that, but they are also increasing the power supply. what does that mean. more development towards east county. is that good or bad. you decide , bad for me that's what I move away from.

Wow Lee, what research......Looks like to me they're in the business of making money.....Not clean energy.....They own nuclear plants, oil companies, and gas companies......As always, just follow the money.

Wow Lee, what research......Looks like to me they're in the business of making money.....Not clean energy.....They own nuclear plants, oil companies, and gas companies......As always, just follow the money.
Does some one knows how create an on line petition To stop it. By the way my spell check sucks.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu