What is this?

Prime

Nov 21, 2012
North County
Anyone have any idea what this is ?? Wish it would have walked by further out. Looks too dark to be a coyote or mt lion, which was on the camera as well. For reference, the camera is about 3ft off the ground.

STC_1019.JPG STC_1020.JPG

Ya the ears had me thinking lion, but the fur looks dang near black in the pictures, especially on the second picture. Could be the shadows making it look darker. Doesn't seem like the deer have moved off with the cat around, still tons of them on the camera.

STC_1450.JPG

That’s looks to dark to be a mountain lion . Many years back me and my buddy while driving out from Bee canyon we seen a black cat like a puma we could not believe it.

Reactions: Goyaałé
LP, I was just getting a similar image ready.... This pocket, called the Henry's pocket or cutaneous marginal pouch, is essentially just a skin fold that's noticeable on cats..
Longtail

Reactions: Lungpopper

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu