Who uses scopes on their turkey shotgun?

Nickrp

Dec 26, 2012
Hey just curious, who of you out there use a scope on your shotgun for turkey hunting?? I'm going to try my hand at turkey hunting this fall and just read a lot of articles about how awesome a scope is then they recommend a specific one so I I take it with a grain of salt.... Want to here from some real hunters out there.

If you do, what scope on what gun? If not do you have anything other than a front bead? (Rear peep, rear open?)??
Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No scope. My turkey gun is a nasty killing machine. Its set up for nothing but knocking the face off big ugly turkeys. No scope required. And of course the industry wants you to buy all the gear made for every situation. You will see the clowns on TV using them because they get paid to influence us. But I doubt you will ever see a true hardcore turkey killing brush gun with a scope mounted on it. Just my opinion 8)

Invisible man said:
No scope. My turkey gun is a nasty killing machine. Its set up for nothing but knocking the face off big ugly turkeys. No scope required. And of course the industry wants you to buy all the gear made for every situation. You will see the clowns on TV using them because they get paid to influence us. But I doubt you will ever see a true hardcore turkey killing brush gun with a scope mounted on it. Just my opinion 8)

I hit the liked button. nice comment 8)

Glad you asked, I was wondering the same thing. I'm gonna try for my first turkey with a straight bead.

Gotta love the clarity of agreement on this topic! Common sense and experience are the best antidotes to marketing in any field of work. Thanks for all the input from the experienced hunters.
8)

But I will add that I run 2 beads on my turkey gun. One in the back helps for quicker leveling. And with such tight patterns some turkey guns hold, you could shoot right over the head up close.

Interesting point. Will ask John about that when I purchase the Beretta I've been looking at over at FF. Where I'll be hunting turkeys it will be close range and I'll have to swing it up pretty quickly.
:)

Sent from my iPhone
...expect bizarre spelling errors

Bead only. No Scope on the shotgun.

However, I have hunted turkey with my air rifle (.25 caliber) and that does have a scope on it. :)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu