Wild girl at the River!

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
click bait at its finest. Last morning down here the wife wants to get home and buy a Christmas tree and put up lights. Told her all I needed was 30 minutes. Went to one of my honey holes and within 5 minutes of calling I had at least 3 dogs weaving in and out of the bushes. Finally got one to stop behind a bush with just her head and neck showing. That was all I needed 70 yards 243 TTSX to the neck. Lots of blood I cleaned her up a bit for my online photo. Hit pup in distress couldn't get any to come back. Fun morning now I am off to Clark Griswald my house.

IMG_0348.JPG

Nice Dog!!I'm looking into getting into predator hunting and had a couple questions. If Anyone out there could help out I would appreciate it! I bought a caller with remote and a .22lr with scope and have a couple of areas scoped out but after a kill what do I do with the dog. I know it's winter and there pelts are nicer at this time of year but what I don't want the pelt. Do I bury it or leave it for other dogs? Just looking for the proper ways...

Reactions: TRICER
Nothing goes to waste in the wild...........Left out in the wild, it will feed lots of kinds of creatures, including it's own kind.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRICER and WyattZ
Wyatt honestly it depends on the mood I am in skinning a coyote right can be a process that I don't really care to do often, other times I just take the head, or most of the time like today I toss it into a bush. I should have kept the tail it was a good looking dog. You need to be careful where you leave them the Libs love excuses to go after predator hunters. I have a pretty narly picture of this kill but I will not post it for that same reason.

This coyote had a really good coat I was just pressed for time and had to leave it. Probably around a year old no mange real healthy dog.

As for the gun I don't recommend 22LR you would be better off using a 12ga if you have one with Winchester xrtreme coyote or Heavy Shot Dead Coyote rounds. You will have around a 70yd range which in our area is not a rare shot and about the same affective accurate range of a 22LR in my opinion they really start dropping off around 100. I personally use the Winchester rounds they are cheaper and kill just as good. Most times today included I carry a shotgun and a rifle.

Reactions: WyattZ
Drew, that's a beautiful yote.

Wyatt, 22lr will work but be prepared to lose most of the yotes you will shoot. If you can it would be a good idea to step up to one of the 22 center fires.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wyatt honestly it depends on the mood I am in skinning a coyote right can be a process that I don't really care to do often, other times I just take the head, or most of the time like today I toss it into a bush. I should have kept the tail it was a good looking dog. You need to be careful where you leave them the Libs love excuses to go after predator hunters. I have a pretty narly picture of this kill but I will not post it for that same reason.

This coyote had a really good coat I was just pressed for time and had to leave it. Probably around a year old no mange real healthy dog.

As for the gun I don't recommend 22LR you would be better off using a 12ga if you have one with Winchester xrtreme coyote or Heavy Shot Dead Coyote rounds. You will have around a 70yd range which in our area is not a rare shot and about the same affective accurate range of a 22LR in my opinion they really start dropping off around 100. I personally use the Winchester rounds they are cheaper and kill just as good. Most times today included I carry a shotgun and a rifle.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu