Wister Jr Hunt Calls

Very cool. My son has #1 on Saturday and my other boy has #3 on Sunday. We are gonna stay home though. Been down 6 times this year and it just isn't worth it this season. The boys need a lot of action to be able to get a few birds and from what I have experienced this season unless you are quick drawn and a good shot your not taking birds home.

Very cool. My son has #1 on Saturday and my other boy has #3 on Sunday. We are gonna stay home though. Been down 6 times this year and it just isn't worth it this season. The boys need a lot of action to be able to get a few birds and from what I have experienced this season unless you are quick drawn and a good shot your not taking birds home.

Drew,

It's amazing how birds come back into the wildlife area after a weeks break....I'd take them Saturday & bring them to the wild game feed Sunday....We'll even cook them up for them........lol

I might show up on Sunday with the boys for the first half of the game. I have some people coming over Sunday night. If I come I am bringing elk burger bombs they are awesome!

Reactions: ilovesprig
I might show up on Sunday with the boys for the first half of the game. I have some people coming over Sunday night. If I come I am bringing elk burger bombs they are awesome!

Great Drew......Have the boys been to the museum (my house)?.......lol

Your kids can have a great hunt with that #1 on Saturday. I can help you with a spot if you change your mind.

Reactions: KID CREOLE
Hey Jr's,

First off have a great hunt where ever you hunt this weekend.

Those of you who are going to be at Wister, Brian and I will be bringing down a couple of our new calls to be raffled off at the bbq Saturday night

Good luck, be safe and enjoy your weekend
View attachment 34299

Are your calls a variation of the original Herters?

Are your calls a variation of the original Herters?

The calls we are bringing down to Wister for the Jr Hunt have mylar reeds, more of a conventional snow call but can be very loud if the caller chooses to blow them that way

The other call uses a metal reed but is not physically like the old Herter call but is blown with the same hi-lo routine. The old Herters calls locked up from moisture and were not nearly loud enough for the way we hunt in Nor Cal which is why we started building our own calls

You have a # 1 for Saturday and not going....Wow! You could get a goose blind in the closed zone with that draw. Lights out on the geese!

Stef, Thanks for donating the calls, the kids will enjoy for sure!

I will be taking my 2 buddies and their 3 kids to my blind on Saturday, then Westmoreland on Sunday. Ducks and geese are going down!!!
Hope to see you guys at the dinner on Saturday night at Wister! Good luck to all Jr's!

I know I am a terrible dad! There is more to the story, I have a pastors retreat up at rough acres this weekend so I would have had to miss that to get the boys out. It is a bummer but they get out more than most men and will get there crack at birds next season. Not to mention gobbler season is just around the corner. I was real close to skipping out on the retreat but this season has been less than impressive so we decided to pass.
Good luck to all the kids.

Reactions: Duckfan
I know I am a terrible dad! There is more to the story, I have a pastors retreat up at rough acres this weekend so I would have had to miss that to get the boys out. It is a bummer but they get out more than most men and will get there crack at birds next season. Not to mention gobbler season is just around the corner. I was real close to skipping out on the retreat but this season has been less than impressive so we decided to pass.
Good luck to all the kids.

Bummer you missed it. Saw a few kids come in with piles of geese. The raffle prizes were worth the trip alone. Gave away a shot gun, decoys galore, calls, fishing trips, many many other things too. Calling contest was a hoot, one kid did a honker mouth call that was out of this world!
Wister Jr. hunt dinner was off the hook, pulled pork sandwiches, French fries and other sides. They had 110 jrs show up and fed a total of 250 people. This was my first Jr. hunt event, cant wait to take my buddies kids back next season and my own son, he is only 4 now.

I had my friends kids go down they did alright took a couple geese and some GWT. They all won a bunch of stuff and were stoked.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu