Wister, last two weekends

Sep 26, 2012
Went to wister Saturday with a couple buddies. I got 3 teal, a pintail, and a Canada goose. At the time I left, my buddies each had 4, mostly teal, but also a wigeon and a spoonie.

Last weekend, my buddy and I scored a limit apiece, mostly teal and spoons, a couple pintail, and a ruddy. it took all day, but that's about the best I've done in socal.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421080589969.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421080589969.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421080844539.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421080844539.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
nice job dude.....

Great going Don.........That honker is probably one of only a couple that have been taken this season on Wister.

Thanks, Steve. I heard them coming behind me, from East to West (roughly) and gave a couple pathetic calls. The flock of 15-20 came around and headed north along our dike, right into gun range (barely)! I emptied my gun and shouted "HONKERS!!!! GET 'EEEEEEMMMMM!!!!!!" They continued on toward my buddies, but this one split off, obviously hit, and the guys took some more shots at it. And then we were blessed- it locked it's wings, and came around in a big circle, right back into our pond, instead of gliding into some other blind! Boomer saw some coots take off, and wanted to go after them, but he finally made the retrieve on the goose, which was out of sight behind some tules. There wasn't a whole lot of birds flying for us that morning, but it was awesome to be able to get some quality birds.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu