Wister newbie

Colbyaa

Recently got stationed in el centro this year and wanted to start hunting wister but have no clue of the layout of the place. Personally I’d like to go out and hunt with someone to get the lay of the land but any tips and tricks would help.

Have you applied for reservations? Duck hunted elsewhere? Have license, stamps etc?
I’ve duck hunted my whole life in los banos and the surrounding areas and have all my license and stamps I need. And yes I’ve applied for all the weekend hunts for wister and San jacinto

Wister is a little unique compared to NoCal in that...There is NO free roam...You walk up to a big map of the area and you choose an assigned blind...A little pressure, because there's a bunch of guys waiting to pick behind you...The DFW gets asked about a 1000 times, "where should I go"...Have an idea before going up to the board.

With this Covid thing, the format has changed (slower)...If in doubt initially, pick something where everyone else is picking...If you want to ask more details about spots/blind sites...Use the PM feature here on SCH.

Good luck

ps...When sending a PM....ALWAYS state your name.

Steve, have you heard any specifics how ressies and sweatline will he called up in the AM? One person at a time? Everyone at their cars u til they call up?
Stopped by after quail hunting they said they will call up 5 at a time. One person allowed per party carrying everyone's paperwork.

No change to sweatline/lottery signup? At one time, there was speculation that sweatline/lottery signup was going online. Is it still "in person signup" for the party?

Steve, have you heard any specifics how ressies and sweatline will he called up in the AM? One person at a time? Everyone at their cars u til they call up?

I don't have the exact protocol in front of me, but I think they'll call folks up 5 at a time....Definitely going to go slower

Back