Wister Work Party 2015

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Hi guys,

Friends of Wister is having their annual spring clean-up Saturday March 14th, 2015.......We normally meet at 6:00 am in the Wister check-in parking lot. Some of the ponds will be wet, but most the popular ones will be drivable. It would be great, if we got a big turnout. So each group would have one field.

Bags will be provided and we normally have a lunch or BBQ after we're done.

For the guys that are new to waterfowling Wister. This a great way to learn the area and meet like minded guys that love "The Wis".

See ya out there,

Steve

ps.....FOW was started a number of years ago by a bunch of us guys to kind of watch over the area when it was going thru rough times managerially. That is not a problem anymore, but they do need help with many things since they're so short handed......Some of the bigger projects we've done are developing and putting down fire hose in the check-in parking lot and campground, all new reflective site signs, and a new roof on the check station...... I organize these work parties and have a business account from donations that Wister may need thru-out the year (lots of red tape with the gov).

Attachments

• IMG1059_142.jpg
    IMG1059_142.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG1068_149.jpg
    IMG1068_149.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 154
  • FOW work party 8-24-13 011.JPG
    FOW work party 8-24-13 011.JPG
    515.9 KB · Views: 33
  • FOW work party 8-24-13 012.JPG
    FOW work party 8-24-13 012.JPG
    585.8 KB · Views: 34
  • FOW work party 8-24-13 001.JPG
    FOW work party 8-24-13 001.JPG
    431.1 KB · Views: 41
Man I wish I could go that weekend. I'm on call that weekend and emergencys wont wait. Darn it. I'm planning to go out for the clean up day in the fall if they have them again as well as San j. I need to learn all I can before next season.

Sprig, I may be free that weekend, between trips. Will let you know Right now looks good.

Bump for the work party this Saturday at Wister......The high will be 91. So, dress accordingly......And plenty of water.

We're normally done by 10:30 or so......Lunch right now will probably be at the Buckshot Café in Niland.

See you out there.

Pretty cool that you guys do this! ALL YOU NEWBIES get out and help. its a epic way to learn the place......
You might even make a few new friends along the way. I would come help but my restraining order prevents me from getting with in 100 yard of any wma or refuge for another 3 years.

Looking good for me to attend. Sprig, I'll check in w you later to confirm.

ilovesprig said:
Bump for the work party this Saturday at Wister......The high will be 91. So, dress accordingly......And plenty of water.

We're normally done by 10:30 or so......Lunch right now will probably be at the Buckshot Café in Niland.

See you out there.
Steve, I'll be there. Anyone interested in carpooling, I have a Toyota Highlander that fits a crew. I'll be heading out I-8 Saturday am. Just PM me if you want to share the ride.

Great !!! my on call weekend :'(. I don't think the bosses would be happy if I was AWOL for the day.

When are they rescheduling the San J work day? I was all set for that ???

Steve, had a a great time today. Thanks for the ride. Always enjoyable and educational to spend time with you.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426377327.528849.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426377327.528849.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 22
Don,

I had a great time as well.......Hope you got a little idea of what Wister looks like.......As you could tell, it's pretty tough to negotiate it at dark-thirty....... ;)

Attachments

• DSCF1128.JPG
    DSCF1128.JPG
    731.7 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCF1130.JPG
    DSCF1130.JPG
    887.3 KB · Views: 27

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu