Wister Youth Hunt Ressie

Orion

Jan 25, 2022
Hello everyone! Some of you may remember me from some of the other duck hunting forums. This is my first post here. My son drew a ressie for the youth hunt next week. This is his last one, so I am hoping for a great one. I have never hunted down there, but hope to get some scouting in the Friday before the hunt. Is there anything I need to know before packing? Do I need chairs/seats, blind material, etc? Do they open the closed zones for the youth hunt? Are the roads (generally) cart friendly? How many youth hunters can go in on a ressie? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Last edited:
Reactions: ilovesprig
You need a chair, I haven’t been all over Wister but the blinds I’ve been to were cart friendly. Don’t forget bug spray. You can cut your blind material when you get out to your blind.

Reactions: Orion
You need a chair, I haven’t been all over Wister but the blinds I’ve been to were cart friendly. Don’t forget bug spray. You can cut your blind material when you get out to your blind.
Thank you! The advice is appreciated!

Reactions: Hunter527
Hello everyone! Some of you may remember me from some of the other duck hunting forums. This is my first post here. My son drew a ressie for the youth hunt next week. This is his last one, so I am hoping for a great one. I have never hunted down there, but hope to get some scouting in the Friday before the hunt. Is there anything I need to know before packing? Do I need chairs/seats, blind material, etc? Do they open the closed zones for the youth hunt? Are the roads (generally) cart friendly? How many youth hunters can go in on a ressie? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Roads are all good right now...Most blind sites are cart friendly...You will need seats...They have opened the close zones in years pass, but Wister has a new regime...So, check when you get there...I would assume the amount of hunters on a blind site would be in reverse...4 youth 2 adults, but not sure...I know I used to take 4 youth kids.

Good luck....The best of times.... :heart:

.055.JPG

Roads are all good right now...Most blind sites are cart friendly...You will need seats...They have opened the close zones in years pass, but Wister has a new regime...So, check when you get there...I would assume the amount of hunters on a blind site would be in reverse...4 youth 2 adults, but not sure...I know I used to take 4 youth kids.

Good luck....The best of times.... :heart:

.View attachment 53090
Thank you! I am greatly looking forward to it, probably more than he is.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu