Wyoming antelope hunting

Ocurtis

Dec 28, 2016
San Diego
I had a couple antelope tags that I got the opportunity to fill Saturday. I didn't get any pictures of the animals but was able to make sure the 30-06 works before elk season! Dropped one at 100 yards, one at 275 yards, and my brother took his with a perfect neck shot at 325 yards. The Barnes 168 grain did impressive work on all three, none of them even flinched. What was more impressive to me was that they actually ruin less meat then I had thought. My 100 yard shot exited through the front shoulder. It did give about a 3" exit wound. However, the all copper bullet left no fragments and no bloodshot meat around the hole.

Picture is of tonight's antelope spaghetti with zucchini noodles! 68d83bf4cbe4f39e7db049ad592d66a5.jpg2dbfba9d767bea3c461c3ab4738287b7.jpg0e95ee41f960ee206df4a501da8ff278.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work brother! I've never been one to photograph my conquests either. I never cared if others saw them but plan to in the future. It's the time in the field and the memories with your brother that matter most. Tasty meals......cheers!

Reactions: Ocurtis
Nice work brother! I've never been one to photograph my conquests either. I never cared if others saw them but plan to in the future. It's the time in the field and the memories with your brother that matter most. Tasty meals......cheers!

I thought about it. But so often I'm in the moment and hate to waste it looking through a camera lense. It was an incredible trip and time.

I will take pictures of my elk trip, whether I get my animal or not. The trip will be a success regardless as I will be in Gods country

Right on. I'm the same way but may take a pic of my Utah cow elk hunt this year. Good luck!

Owen,

Congrats on your hunt......To each his own on pictures, but they are not just for the internet or SCH......They furnish a lifetime of memories for you , family, & friends......I will forever be grateful to my parents who took tons of pictures back when I was little and of our hunting & fishing trips many many years ago.

Last edited:
Owen,

Congrats on your hunt......To each his own on pictures, but they are not just for the internet or SCH......They furnish a lifetime of memories for you, family, & friends......I will forever be grateful to my parents who took tons of pictures back when I was little and of our hunting & fishing trips many many years ago.

I wish I was more like you with pictures!!! Inhave always been terrible at it

Last edited by a moderator:
Spaghetti looks great! Congrats on the kills too. iPhones take better pics than any camera I've owned, and it's always in my pocket so I take pics so I can relive the trip. Love seeing others pics too.

Looks good! I'll be heading out to WY later this month for my antelopes (2 doe tags) ,this will be my 8th trip out there.

Reactions: Ocurtis
Congrats on the hunt. My wife would love those noodles, anything to get her to eat the meat.:)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu