x9a region yes or no ?

baboltin

Jan 1, 2014
I think I am going to apply for a x9a tag as I live up here and have enough points to draw this tag for my first tag that is and than for my second tag I am going to get a d9 or d10 to hunt with family while I am home . My questions is for the people that have hunted x9a , Can anyone give me some pointers if I draw this tag this year as to where some good areas are and if you were successful ? also I am not scared to hick miles throughout a day . thanks guys . never hunted this area probably won't again as I won't be up here this next deer season nor have tags to draw it again back to back years . just looking for some areas to start with thanks.

Lots of deer it's only really good if it snows otherwise small bucks. If you live up there talk to some locals they are very helpful.

Lots of glassing and driving/hiking open sage is your friend.

Like MJB said lots of ground to cover and pray for snow to push the herd down otherwise its a long vertical hike for you. Saw the biggest buck I've ever seen in the wild in 2010 while helping a buddy who ended up killing a nice five by five

Do it man!! I've hunted x12 which is generally the same area, my Dad shot the states heaviest deer in 2007 up there weighing in at 195lbs field dressed. Like everyone has said though he had snow 2 days before he shot it which drove the big guys down low. Go up as high as you can if the temperature is warm. And bring a spotting scope.

Sent from my iPhone

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu