yote #2 for the year so far

spot dropper

Oct 7, 2012
Called in a fox but couldn't get a running shot on it so I kept calling and 5 minutes later a pair of coyotes came cruising in 40 yards away so I started squeaking and dropped the male. This is the thickest fur I have ever seen on a desert dog by far.

Attachments

• IMG_0779.jpg
    IMG_0779.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 41
Chris_Schulte said:
Nice yote. Can you eat coyotes?
Technically you can eat anything you want. But no, everyone I know including myself does not eat coyote. You can skin them, take there skulls, or just leave them where you shot them which is legal.

Chris_Schulte said:
Nice yote. Can you eat coyotes?
I've only heard of hunters making jerky from the meat. There are lots of instructional videos and blogs on how to do it. Here is one one:
http://m.instructables.com/id/Coyote-Jerky/

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu