Youth hunt weekend

Ahidog

Jul 10, 2012
I big thank you to Tom Trakes and his crew at San JAc and Rick Francis and his crew at Wister. Took the boys and my best friend's son to both places Saturday for ducks at SJ and Sunday geese and ducks at Wister. Good eats great prizes at both places on top of my younger one, who was on the fence about waterfowling, getting his first redhead and snow goose. Josh was sitting on the edge of the blind and we were all not paying attention when he looked over his shoulder and had 12 snows coming straight down the dike at 100 yds about 20yds off the deck. He said are those geese to which we all froze and whispered loudly yeah but wait ...wait... take em he picked the close one and killed it at 30 yds.

Attachments

• A boy and his dog.jpg
    A boy and his dog.jpg
    748.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Happy Boy.jpg
    Happy Boy.jpg
    552.5 KB · Views: 44
  • The boys.jpg
    The boys.jpg
    679.5 KB · Views: 50
  • J red head.jpg
    J red head.jpg
    628.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Josh goose.jpg
    Josh goose.jpg
    658.7 KB · Views: 43
Great job boys on the goose and a successful hunt. I just love watching the young men step up and perform.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu