ZELLO App

From what I understand you have to have cell service. Range ? As long as you and the other person has service.
I'm wondering how strong of a signal you need to call out.
Ya the reason asked was becuase back in the Nextel days I remember even if you didnt have a signal you could put the phone on Airplane mode and still ping eachother and use them like two way radios while we were hunting. If we could do this with this app that would be ideal

If you have a signal what the difference from just calling the other guy?

Saves you time.

For us at work we don't have to stay on the phone when walking around a building checking for leaks. We can just radio and report a problem.

Much easier to use a Walkie Talkie when hunting than dialing the phone and waiting for the other person to answer every time you want to talk to them. Could be multiple times in a short period if things are escalating quickly.

I just used it for frequent updates with my sister and mom while they were taking punches from Irma...worked pretty good for short updates. Anything more than a sentence or two and I just called them.

Was interesting listening to the rescue chatter when the flooding was going in. Worked pretty well to coordinate rescue teams and people in need

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu