Zone D19 | Need partner/Buddy for deer hunt

abrownsocal

Oct 14, 2014
Hello Every one.

I am new in this area and never hunt in California before. I am looking for a partner or guide for Zone D19.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks in advance

Hi Abrownsocal, welcome to the site.....

Where have you been scouting at?

OK i am going to take the bait here 8)

to just come on and say help me when you have not spent even 10 min scouting is not going to get you much love on here. Hunting spots are not like fishing spots, It takes years in some cases to find them. I am going to guess you are super new so a better idea would be to say "Hey would someone like to go scout with me" split gas and food cost that kinda stuff.

that out of the way, you have tons of national forest and BLM Land you can wander around on. Your local national forest office will have info on where you can go.....

So why have you not scouted yet? tell us about your self a bit

Aeon said:
OK i am going to take the bait here 8)

to just come on and say help me when you have not spent even 10 min scouting is not going to get you much love on here. Hunting spots are not like fishing spots, It takes years in some cases to find them. I am going to guess you are super new so a better idea would be to say "Hey would someone like to go scout with me" split gas and food cost that kinda stuff.

that out of the way, you have tons of national forest and BLM Land you can wander around on. Your local national forest office will have info on where you can go.....

So why have you not scouted yet? tell us about your self a bit

I second what Aeon said.. Im all for helping out the newbies in every way possible, but They do have to show they are willing to put in there time and effort into it.. Other wise then whats the point?

I personally believe in learning how to enjoy or atleast embrace the experience of every aspect of being a Hunter. Not just the sweet points such as the joy of getting the animal u been hunting.. I truely believe in embracing all aspects of the experience from having to endure the tremendous physical strain of having to go up and down some huge inclines.. having to enduring the weather and then after the joy excitement and adrenaline wears off, having to clean up (field dress) ur animals..
Imagine if it was all just the joy and excitement and adrenaline rush of the successful hunt.? every one would do it every single day and then pretty soon there would be nothing left.. this is why we have seasons to prepare for the hunts.. The time and effort needed to become successful at anything in life must be put in and this is even more true in hunting ..

Thanks Aeon and JaySocal for your comments,

Aeon you are absolutely right. I am really new to all this :). But I am ready to learn. I am a team player and will appreciate any one help me learning all this.

I have been to shooting ranges. Tried Rifle/pistols/Shotguns and I do own some of those toys. My engineering profession have kept me busy all the time. Didn't get much time to explore hunting but I am ready to do that now. I got my first hunting license this year and I bought a deer tag too.

I did lot of reading about hunting places but more I read more confuse I was getting :) I looked online for hunting places but not very much luck so far. Then I found this forum and I saw people are willing to help each other. I think what I am looking for is a mentor who can help me in learning all these.

Have you thought of hiring a professional guide or outfitter? How fit are you? Any prior experience with outdoors? I mean map, compass, and hiking/camping. For most folks on this forum, hunting is not about finding a spot to sit down and shoot something. But if you have no experience, hire a professional, and if you pay attention you'll learn a ton. Professional guides are often able to accommodate a very low level of skill and/or physical ability on the part of their clients. It's money well spent.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu