1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th IV dove

SpoonySmacker

Dec 2, 2015
Hunted NW of Imperial on the 1st and 2nd with the girlfriend. We shot 21 on the opener and 8 more on the morning of the 2nd. Tons of pressure in the area but we skirted off to the side a few fields over and had it to ourselves and had consistent shooting.
EEB206FF-59D6-4808-B4A2-7A4C632BB738.jpeg
ECC5AE8A-B560-466D-9DD3-14A66AC36130.jpeg
Had a short day at work on Tuesday and was off Wednesday and the girlfriend flew out to Hawaii with her family so I decided to pack up and head back out with the dog for some more. We didn’t take her on the opener. Too hot for a black lab. Decided to go south out of El Centro. Found a dry, fresh cut hay field backed up against the river. The field was loaded. They were jumping back and forth between the field and river. Hunted the last 1 1/2 hours of LST and picked off 8.
7560CEEE-4770-4554-8AE5-12D15B458B5F.jpegIn the morning I went back to the same field and as expected. Wide open with nobody in sight.
8DC75053-FDF6-422C-B575-5B35EE0EC521.jpegGreat time in the field with the dog. Still a little warm out there but not as bad as the weekend was. Plus I had some nice bail stacks to sit up against with some good shade for me and the dog. This was my last hunt in SoCal. Moving up to Chico in the Sac valley for work mid October. Can’t wait for the move. Back to the motherland of CA hunting I go.
Also got a few clips on my GoPro. It’s not allowing me to upload them unfortunately.

Break out the Teriyaki sauce and chop them onions. Nice job, you have some chunky birds in that haul.

Reactions: SpoonySmacker
Looks like a great hunt and always fun with a buddy that has four legs and doesn’t complain when you miss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SpoonySmacker

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu