2 More Days to Bag A Turkey

invisible man

Walk The Line
Oct 7, 2011
About 20 feet up
We are in the final 2 days of the 2015 Turkey Season. I was at a spot last weekend and there were Toms gobbling in every direction at grey light and I passed on 3 nice Jakes at 18 yards. There was a very big Tom in the line up but the Jakes wouldn't let him near my hen decoy. I got 2 days, 5 arrows, and I need 1 bird. At the very least Ill have some pics with or with out a dead Bird in them.

Going out tomorrow with Gen (The Mataqi) and his son.......We came very close on Tuesday......Hopefully we can get one to stop in tomorrow...... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1376.JPG
    IMG_1376.JPG
    789.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1365.JPG
    IMG_1365.JPG
    830.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1370.JPG
    IMG_1370.JPG
    734.4 KB · Views: 23
ilovesprig said:
Going out tomorrow with Gen (The Mataqi) and his son.......We came very close on Tuesday......Hopefully we can get one to stop in tomorrow...... ;)

Good luck guys. I'm rootin' for Yusuke! Hope he bags a nice tom.

Well Don..........I guess it wasn't meant to be........A cold, windy, and dreary day produced no gobbles in the morning. In fact, a spot that 8 toms on it had zero this morning (2 hens).....Yusake is a trooper....... Lasted all day and with only the occasional gobble in the distance and hens sighting. It was a pretty boring day with the exception of deer up close and personal......He got real excited when we had a coyote head our way though.....It stopped short of us (next week he'll be dead)..... ;)

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    915.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    574.4 KB · Views: 22

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu