20 Gauge put in work today in the IV.

Is that a 3020? Id so how do you like it?
No its a Franchi Affinity 20 gauge, I like it. It is a little finicky with shells, it will not cycle 1200 FPS 7/8 oz loads but will cycle Winchester 1275 FPS 7/8 oz ammo. It is super light easy to haul around all day.

No its a Franchi Affinity 20 gauge, I like it. It is a little finicky with shells, it will not cycle 1200 FPS 7/8 oz loads but will cycle Winchester 1275 FPS 7/8 oz ammo. It is super light easy to haul around all day.
That's odd. My 12 gauge Affinity will eat anything no problem.. no malfunctions yet (3 seasons in). I even used it as an emergency mudstick while duck hunting and it went boom just fine.

That's odd. My 12 gauge Affinity will eat anything no problem.. no malfunctions yet (3 seasons in). I even used it as an emergency mudstick while duck hunting and it went boom just fine.
Its a great gun the factory recommendation is 1 oz 1300 FPS to cycle inertia drive so I knew the 1200 FPS stuff wouldn't work going into it but the 1275 FPS ammo works fine. I love the gun though. I wanted a 20 gauge semi that wouldn't break the bank and this one is great. I would recommend the gun to anyone looking for a 20 gauge semi auto that doesn't break the bank. Hard to choose when I dove hunt between my Beretta A300 12 gauge and the Franchi 20 gauge.

good job on the doves. yes, the quail have had a good hatch this year... I was hoping nobody would notice them until next year...lol.. for a really, really good year.

Its a great gun the factory recommendation is 1 oz 1300 FPS to cycle inertia drive so I knew the 1200 FPS stuff wouldn't work going into it but the 1275 FPS ammo works fine. I love the gun though. I wanted a 20 gauge semi that wouldn't break the bank and this one is great. I would recommend the gun to anyone looking for a 20 gauge semi auto that doesn't break the bank. Hard to choose when I dove hunt between my Beretta A300 12 gauge and the Franchi 20 gauge.
Got that same gun for my daughter this year, she loves it. works great with the high brass shells.
not so sure on the lighter rounds still breaking it in.She did get her limit her first day shooting it though.

Reactions: Stump7100
Nice work. The affinity is a great gun. My wife got tired of shooting her baby 20g youth so on a recommendation form steve I got her the 12g affinity in a youth and she loves it. Light gun with a light recoil. It shoots any ammo you put in it.

Got that same gun for my daughter this year, she loves it. works great with the high brass shells.
not so sure on the lighter rounds still breaking it in.She did get her limit her first day shooting it though.
I originally bought it for my 16 yr old son to shoot but for whatever reason he loves his pump action 20 gauge and doesn't care to switch so now I've been shooting it. It is kinda fun to hunt with. Can't waste a gun right?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu