2018 Bug opener

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Well yesterday was the CA lobster opener. We got out at 1pm to save our spot. I have never seen so many boats out in my life. Everyon was in top of each other. We caught multiple divers in our hoops pulling lobsters. Literally pulled my hoop out of a divers hand at one point, people have no class. Besides the crap show and a little bit of chest beating from a few boats it was a decent night.

We were using skipjack as bait and it didn’t disappoint. Our first two sets we pulled up 6 keepers and probably at least 80 shorts. After that all the divers showed up and it literally died pulled blanks and maybe a couple shorts for 3 sets. Made the move to deep water to make one last set and pulled in a 2 more keepers.

We ended the night with 8 keepers one of which was just shy of 4lbs. Went to bed at 2:30 and I would do it all again.

Side note the fishing was slow got a few short fish, a couple horn shark, one keeper sandy, and maybe 10 sculpin which are out of season. Definitely the slowest fishing I have had this season considering we were out for 12 hours.

39CCF609-9811-4EBF-AD95-D627D6F21DB1.jpeg8DA52FC5-3F17-45A8-A002-3F9A599CA81B.jpegDBB19737-22DE-41CF-918B-76B295FB710C.jpeg47F3ACA8-FAEF-496C-9933-759C0E754345.jpeg

Besides the hassles. It was a very good catch.
Thank you for sharing.
It's unfortunate of the UN ethical
Behavior of other divers fisherman.
I don't understand people ethic's.
Best
LB

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu